If you have a website and you have never used Bitly, you are in for a marketing treat! Bitly is a tool that shortens URLs or a link management platform. So why is is so great? Bitly has a few features that makes it a must use tool when trying to drive traffic to your website via social media accounts, especially Instagram. Driving traffic to a specif page is now easier than ever with Bitly.
How to use it.
1. Download the bitly app.
2. Click the plus sign in the top right hand corner.
3. Paste your long URL into the field that says "Paste Long URL".
4. Click "Create" in the top right hand corner.
5. Once it has been created, the app will take you back to the home page where you will see your short link.
6. Click on it.
7. Click "Edit" in the top right hand corner.
8. Now you can customize your bitly link and name it whatever you like.
9. Click "Done" in the top right hand corner to save your info.
10. Press down on the orange bitly link to copy it.
11. Paste it in your URL feild on IG, or use in a tweet or post on facebook.
How I use Bitly to drive traffic and make sales.
When I create a post that directly correlates to a certain product or blog post that is on my website, I use Bitly to direct my audience directly where I want them to go. Mobile user want their information quickly and are less likely to look for a product or information that you are talking about via social media. Bitly is great because it streamlines the buying process and helps your conversion funnel. For example, when I post my ad for the Chyc Cirlcle, I will go into my profile and add my Bitly link that will take my audience directly to the sign up form. I always make sure to note that in my post by adding a call to action: "Clink the link in my bio to sign up". So now I'm not just sending them to website to look around and hopefully find it.
The other great thing about this tool is the fact that it tracks your links performance. I am an analytics nut so this feature made it a real win for me!
Try it out and let me know how it works for you!