Good Morning Chyc Entrepreneurs! So you may have noticed I've been MIA for the last week or so...or maybe you didn't notice at all. I decided I was long over due for a vacation so I took 6 days off and traveled to Barbados with my 3 best friends for the girls trip of a lifetime!
Before I left, I put a lot of thought into how much of a vacation would this vacation be. "Should I take my laptop", "Will I answer emails?", "Should I tell my audience I'm gone and share my every move?". These are all questions that pondered over as my trip was approaching. Then it hit me, my entire goal of running an online business is to have a system that can work when I physically cannot. It is what I preach to my clients. So I decided against taking my laptop and opted to send out a email to all of my active clients letting them know I would be out of the country for 6 days and that I would only be available to them in the case of an emergency. And the rest...I relied on the system that I've set up. This was the perfect opportunity to test the platform that I have created!
Before I left I released a free class (check it out here) and placed the link everywhere! So in my absence I left my audience with a freebie to keep their attention and to keep my presence. While I was gone that free class was viewed over 350 times and each of those people had to subscribe in order to view it. So not only did my loyal clients get a freebie, in turn I gained some new subscribers.
I also ran a a Facebook/IG ad for my best selling product ("E-Boutique Quick Start: Business Plan Builder). While I was away I sold 10 of them! So while I was enjoying my vacation, my website was able to secure the bag for me! I also sold a few other products here and there.
1. One of the major pros of automating your online business is the ability to work from anywhere. If I had decided to take my laptop with me and work even a hour or two a day, it wouldn't have been an issue. Unlike owning a brick and mortar business, the world is your office!
2. Another pro of automating your business is the freedom to take time off! I NEEDED this vacation just o rest my mind and to keep my creative juices flowing! Sometimes we get so caught up in our everyday surroundings and our day to day routines that we forget that there is a big huge world we have yet to discover with so many possibilities!
3. A major pro of automating your business is being able to generate revenue 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Even when I wasn't working, I was still making money! The whole goal of my brand was for me to be able to make money while I'm sleep, away, and when I'm working and it's working for me and my clients.
1. The return...even if your business is automated and running without a hitch people still want YOU! Even if you have a brand that isn't centered around a personality, at some point there ill need to be some human interaction because customer service is #1 to me. As I stated, above I only made myself available to my current clients. I made sure they were aware of my upcoming absence a few weeks in advance so that we could get to a place where they would be good without me for a week or so. You never want to get ghost on people who trust you with their business.
2. Getting back on track is a bit uncomfortable. I'm still working my way back on the saddle and getting back into my rhythm. You can't come back and just pick up where you left off on day one. You will quickly stress yourself out! Expect a few days of confusion and maybe even chaos lol.
With pros come cons, but in my opinion the pros outweigh the cons. My businesses are my passion, but life has to happen too. Business automation helps with the work life balance! I had a blast, but I am ready to get back to work!!